Gas fees are a big point of discussion here in the NFT space due to constant gas price fluctuation and the potential monetary accommodations you have to make when buying, selling, or trading NFTs in general.
Below, we'd like to answer some basic questions about how and when gas fee's are incurred on the Nifty Gateway platform.
Collectors will not be liable for gas fees when:
- Purchasing NFTs on NiftyGateway.com with a card or account balance
- Explained: Under the Nifty Gateway custodial system, we make sure to keep all movements of the NFTs on our platform public.
- Minting an NFT
- Explained: Although gas is incurred during the minting of NFTs, Nifty Gateway covers this 100%, at no cost to the collector.
Collectors will be liable for gas fees when:
- Withdrawing Prepaid ETH
- Withdrawing an NFT(options include: Google Pay, Apple Pay, Link and Buy Now Pay Later)
- Purchasing an NFT with Prepaid ETH
- Depositing NFTs into Nifty Gateway
You can track live gas rates, which determines the amount of gas charged here - https://etherscan.io/gastracker
We hope this was of help, and happy collecting!