As the NFT ecosystem continues to grow and evolve, it’s absolutely critical that we (all of us) make choices that protect the future of this community, and continue to establish it as a fair and equitable space for both collectors and artists.
This begins with our employees, our leadership teams. If you have any questions, you can find us on Discord or our support channels — we’re more than happy to discuss this with any, and all of you.
Nifty Gateway Employee Participation Policy (update to our May ’21 policy)
Nifty Gateway Drop Participation:
- Nifty Gateway Employees are precluded from participation in drawing style drops
- Nifty Gateway Employees are precluded from participation in silent auctions (normal auctions still allowed)
- Nifty Gateway Employees may only purchase from First Come First Serve drops if the drop has been open for at least 10 minutes
Nifty Gateway “Verified” Listings:
- Nifty Gateway Employees are precluded from depositing “verified” project NFT, within the first 5 days of their listing on NG
Other Nifty Gateway Site Activity:
- Nifty Gateway Employees are precluded from withdrawing NFTs from the platform within 30 days after receipt
- Nifty Gateway Employees are not allowed to sell any gifted NFTs — included those given by artists
- Nifty Gateway Employees have a mandatory holding period of 30 days following any purchase on Nifty Gateway
Personal Account Use on Nifty Gateway / Other Platforms:
- Nifty Gateway Employees are precluded from using personal accounts to execute any functions on behalf of Nifty Gateway, our artists or our collectors. Including, but not limited to — withdrawals, transfers, trades, private sales, purchases, financial transactions, receipt or transfer of funds, absentee drop participation, etc.
Under no circumstances may confidential information be used to benefit employees personal collecting on Nifty Gateway, or other platforms.
This content was first posted by our co-founder, Griffin Cock Foster on September 15, 2021 on our Medium blog - link here.