Hello collectors, new and old!
Regarding Pak’s most recent release with Nifty Gateway, "merge.", we understand the unconventional nature of this minting, and delivery has led to some questions. We hope to answer some of those questions for you here. See below:
- When and where can I find my NFT?
- During the early morning of December 15th, your merge v2 NFT was delivered to the accounts and wallets where your merge v1 was held
- Click the icon on the top right of the website, choose "Profile" within the drop-down menu, or check your external wallet
- I recently bought a merge NFT, but I cannot find it in my account, where is it?
- Your NFTs are safe. Do not be alarmed as this is normal with the early volume and activity. These initial merges are going to take a little time since distribution is still happening. These merges are pending because a new merge is being formed on our backend and the buyer should have the completed merge in due time.
- Why does merge not show under Purchases?
- Since this NFT was a part of a redemption release, our system has categorized it as such, and as a result, didn't place it in the official Purchase field. This is no concern of alarm, as you have complete access to the NFT still
- Where can I access the actions to sell/withdraw/gift the Nifty?
- After finding the Nifty within your profile(see #1), you can; click the image > scroll down to where it says 'View Additional Details' > then choose the action of your liking
- Why do I only have 1 merge NFT in my profile, when I bought multiple?
- The premise of the drop in totality (hence the name, wink wink) is that only a single merge NFT can exist in your wallet after the initial minting and delivery. If you bought multiple, it was combined into one before delivery. **Again, you will only have 1 merge. NFT in your account/delivered.**
- How am I/other collectors supposed to know how many merges I bought?
- The naming convention of the NFT is:
`m(# of mass acquired) #rank` - meaning that `m(1230) #25` has 1230 mass and is ranked #25 on the leaderboard
- Why can’t I sell my merges separately?
- As soon as merge is bought on one account or wallet they are merged into one entity and they cannot be broken up or sold separately. For example, if you have an M(22), you would have to sell that entire M(22), and you CANNOT sell an M(1) and retain an M(21)
- The formula and concept were laid out before the release on our collection page, which you can find here
We've linked some potentially related, Help Article follow-ups to questions you may have about the platform and the next steps after purchase; please see below:
For any additional questions, please reach out to our Client Services Department(and allow us several days for a follow up due to our current volume) here.