Although our infrastructure is secure, we do recommend our collectors take certain precautions when using an external wallet such as a MetaMask, including:
- Connect a hardware wallet to your MetaMask
- Make sure that you are doing your due diligence when connecting to other websites and applications. Scammers will often try to mimic projects and use similar addresses to try to gain access to someone else’s assets.
- Do not share your private keys or passwords with anyone.
- If you are buying NFTs that are not on Nifty Gateway, make sure that any NFTs you are buying are coming from the actual artist or project. Oftentimes, scammers will reproduce well known projects, and try to sell them as the originals.
- Ask trusted individuals that are more familiar with the technology and project whether they believe a project is safe to connect to.